- Mature 4 point bucks
- 4x4 bucks and larger
Mule Deer- Camp Based Hunt
These September mule deer alpine hunts are a rare and unique experience in North America. Ride through high alpine basins, glass for a mule deer bachelor group of bucks as they bed down at the tree-line. Rifle season opens September 1st.
- Season: Alpine: Sept 1-7, 10-16, 19-25, Sept 28-Oct 4
- Accommodation: Camp, Cabin
- Hunt Style: Horse or Foot
- Add-on Species: Grey wolf, Black bear, Coyote and Upland birds
Mule Deer - Lodge Based Rut Hunts
Drive along backcountry roads and hike timbered ridges during our Traditional Lodge-based Mule Deer Rut Hunts. As we travel through the mule deer’s wintering grounds, we scope out the big bucks running with does.
- Season: Rut: Nov 4-10, 14-20, 24-30; Traditional: Dec 4-10
- Accommodation: Hunting lodge
- Hunt Style: Vehicle, Foot
- Add-on Species: Grey Wolf, Black Bear, Coyote